Senior Manager, Retention Marketing
San Francisco, CA
Blurb is searching for an experienced and strategic marketing manager to oversee customer retention and engagement efforts. The role will own all aspects of the global email program (7 languages and 9 countries) and requires expertise across disciplines, most importantly data and analytics, digital marketing, and retention. This position will work closely with cross-functional teams from within Blurb and reports to the Director of Retention Marketing.
- Drive strategy behind segmented customer communications to customer base to increase engagement leveraging email and on-site communications
- Develop full email communication calendar and cadence strategy across all 9 countries
- Support in developing compelling and engaging promotional plans to achieve forecasted bookings
- Build sophisticated testing plans and manage tactics across segments to ensure continued innovation an optimized engagement and retention
- Partner with site and acquisition teams to develop marketing plans for email file size growth
- Drive and partner with user experience and product teams to develop customer lifecycle communications
- Develop/update email and promotional reporting that tracks KPIs and business metrics on a regular basis to uncover actionable trends, insights and forecasts
- Develop forward looking research and analysis to help inform retention strategy
- Collaborate with creative, editorial and brand team to develop compelling and consistent messaging
- Create winback marketing programs to optimize response and conversion metric
- Oversee email production including HTML coding, scheduling and deployment of email campaigns
- Manage one direct report
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years of retention marketing experience, preferably email
- Prior experience managing people including training, development, goal and performance management
- Demonstrated understanding and applications of customer value, customer journey, and lifecycles
- Demonstrated experience in developing and managing customer churn.
- Proven track record of continuous improvement around customer growth and retention.
- Highly proficient in Excel (pivot tables, graphs, formulas, etc.); SQL and HTML a plus
- Strong project management and interpersonal skills, with ability to take initiative in a challenging, fast-paced environment of multiple priorities
- Strong critical thinking and analytical capabilities, particularly in customer segmentation and modeling
- Versed in latest email trends and creative treatments
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and creatively while applying sound business judgment and quantitative analytics
- Strong understanding and experience with AB/MVT testing
- Self-motivated and results oriented with a high regard for attention to detail
- Responsys or comparable ESP experience a plus
- Ability to zoom out to high level strategic work and zoom in to detailed operational work
- Strong cross functional skills with ability to partner and collaborate across all areas of organization including finance, customer service, engineering and marketing partners
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
How to Apply
Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Blurb is committed to equal opportunity and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the American with Disabilities Act of 1990. The job description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Essential and other job functions are subject to modification. Reasonable accommodations may be provided to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Blurb® is a book-making platform and creative community that enables individuals to create, publish, share and sell high-quality photo books, trade books, and magazines in both print and digital formats. Blurb is accessible to consumers across the globe with free, innovative book creation and layout tools. Founded in 2005, Blurb has over 2 million customers worldwide, resulting in over 4 million unique book titles, with nearly 18 million units shipped to almost 100 countries around the world. We are headquartered in San Francisco.